2009-10-20

BarnMice Bio

As well as my lifelong interest in the world of horses, and many years teaching horse-riding lessons, I spent 15 years in Management in the Financial Services Industry, while eventing with a corporate sponsorship. More recently, I launched a horse-talk radio show at the University of Guelph's station that eventually syndicated to reach the Hamilton broadcast market as well. For this program, I was honoured to receive the Susan J. Anstey 2008 Media Award from Equine Canada. I was able to interview a wide variety of horse people including experts across many disciplines, genres and industries, as well as attend fantastic shows such as the Dancing White Stallions, Can-Am and the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.

I started riding when I was 9, and have schooled countless hours with National Level 3 Coach Margaret Godson. I have attended clinics and discussions with with Paige Lockton Wilde, Jackie Bellamy, Leslie Grant, Darren ChiaChia, Dorita Kovacks, Walter Zettl, David O'Connor, Peter Gray, Marios Delauriers, Jo Young, Ian Stark and many others. I have volunteered with therapeutic riding associations, jogged a filly hitched to a harness racing cart, and mounted the equine star of Carmen at the Met in Manhattan. I surprised an elk in the woods of Alberta my first time in a Western saddle, and I have actually herded cattle. One of the best rides of my life was through water on a Paso Fino, and I have also tolted on an Icelandic. Someday, I hope to ride a kur and also aspire to drive.

I am certified and insured as an English Instructor and I enjoy choreographing really Musical Ride Movements! I offer clinics, coach at a few shows, as well as helping out with Pony Club. I have programmed, authored curriculum and implemented summer and March break camps and authored/presented for Equine Guelph.

Have you heard about the Pony Musicals? Get your ticket money ready...