2010-01-26

Celebrity Paddock

Posted here are a few quotes from an article called The Horses Seal the Deal, an interview with the actress that played the Mom in the Flicka movie.
*
"I grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia. There was a barn up the street and so I could see horses from my backyard and I dreamed every day of being on one of those horses. There's something about the freedom that a horse has -- a complete wildness to just go and be and experience life that I think anyone kind of craves...  I always wanted to ride but never had the finances or the means to do it. When the movie came up I did it."

"I didn't understand what it meant to find your seat… to become one with the animal… once you get it you don't lose it. It's kind of a very Zen experience for me...  There's this balance between control and surrender which I look for often in my real daily life that I'm finding with the horse. I feel like it is such a spiritual experience to be on these animals."